CCP143 Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 3
*Prices for Rockwell Automation® courses will increase on April 1, 2020. Sessions held in April and beyond will reflect this change.
Learn Project Development
Level-up your ControlLogix® skills with hands-on training. Offered in conjunction with Rockwell Automation®, this comprehensive, four-day course will prepare you to develop your projects with the Logix5000™ application. You’ll build upon your knowledge of common controller terms and operation as you gain a deeper understanding of project development.
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of CCP143, you’ll be able to develop a project to meet specification requirements given a functional specification for a Logix5000 application. This course covers common tasks for ControlLogix, CompactLogix™, and SoftLogix™ controllers, all of which use the Logix5000 control engine. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of common project development tasks, including organizing tasks and routines, configuring modules, and sharing data.
CCP143 Course Agenda
- Creating and Organizing a Project
- Creating a Periodic Task
- Creating an Event Task
- Developing an Add-On Instruction in a Ladder Diagram
- Organizing Arrays
- Creating a User-Defined Data Type
- Importing Components
- Entering, Editing, and Verifying Ladder Logic
- Configuring a Controller to Produce and Consume Data
- Configuring a Logix5000 Message
- Configuring Controllers and Modules to Communicate and Share Data over Ethernet/IP
- Communicating with a Local 1756-I/O Module
- Allocating Connections
- Retrieving and Setting Controller Status Values with GSV/SSV Instructions
- Programming a BTD Instruction
- Handling a Major Fault
- Managing Project Files
- Updating Logix5000 Firmware
- Integrated Practice: Developing a Studio 5000 Logix Designer Project
Should You Attend?
If you need to develop Studio 5000 Logix Designer® projects for any Logix5000 controller, this is the course for you. Each lesson is enhanced with hands-on exercises to reinforce your learning. Your course package will include a student manual covering key concepts, definition, and examples and a lab book with interactive activities. And you’ll have the “Studio 5000 Logix Designer and Logix5000 Procedures Guide” and the “Logix5000 Controllers Design Considerations Reference Manual.”
To successfully complete CCP143 Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 3, you must be able to meet the follow requirements:
- Ability to perform basic computer tasks
- Familiarity with common controller terms and operation through experience or one of the following courses: CCP146 Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1 or RSTrainer for ControlLogix Fundamentals computer-based training (9393-RSTCLX)
- Ability to write basic ladder logic with common instructions through experience or completion of CCP151 Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 2