MMM05400742146 MFG #: 8423-6
$21.55 / EA
No stock in your WHS
- Brand Name: 3M
- Number Of Conductors: 1
- Material: EPDM Rubber
- Offerings: Products
- Voltage Rating: 1 kV
3M Cold Shrink Connector Insulators 8420 and 8430 Series are designed using 3M™s proprietary cold shrink delivery system. Products are supplied prestretched on a removable core for efficiency and ease of installation. Removal of the core (unwinding) after positioning the splice allows the product to shrink into position forming a moisture-tight seal. The live memory action of the specially formulated EPDM material promotes a permanent, durable environmental seal and insulation, with a typical operating temperature range from -40“194°F (-40“90°C).The 8420 insulator meets requirements of ANSI C119-1 and Western Underground Guide 2.14 for secondary splices rated up to 1 kV.Applications: Primary electrical insulation for all solid dielectric (rubber and plastic) insulated wire and cable splicing rated to 1000 V. Good for repairs and environmental sealing for communication and other non-electrical applications.Important: Use insulation jacket or connector O.D. for final ordering criteria.* Mastic pads included for cable O.D. build-up. ** Kit contains adapters. *** These sizes are listed for availability only and are not designed to be usedas primary insulation. These tubes are for conduit sealing and breakouts. ****Maximum connector length: 5.625Point of Purchase packaging designated by P. Example: 8423-6P
- Units Per Case
- Splice Type
- Shielding Type
- Conductor Size
- Manufacturer Name
Cold Shrink Splice
Non-Shielded|Non-Shielded|Tape Shield|Tape Shield|UniShield(R)|UniShield(R)|Wire Shield|Wire Shield
152 mm|6 in
4 AWG|6 AWG
- ANSI Certified and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant
- Environmental sealing for communication and other non-electrical applications
- Withstands temperatures of -40 to 194 degrees F (-40 to 90 degrees C)
- Made of EPDM rubber which contains no chlorides or sulfur
- Accommodates 6 to 4 AWG conductor sizes
- Insulates cable or connectors within a diameter range of 0.31 - 0.56 in (7,8 - 14,2 mm)
- Suitable for insulating secondary splices, direct-buried or submersible and dig-in repairs
- Simple installation which requires no tools
- Specially designed for primary insulation of solid dielectric insulated wires and cable splicing rated to 1000 volts
- 3M 8420 Cold Shrink Connector Insulator is an open-ended, tubular sleeve that provides ozone, acids and alkalis resistance. This environmental sealing insulator offers primary electrical insulation for 1 kV-rated applications. The tough, durable, EPDM rubber construction makes the insulator withstand operating temperatures of -40 to 194 degrees F (-40 to 90 degrees C).
- 3M 8420 Connector Insulator is designed for use on all solid dielectric insulated wires and cable splices. This cold shrink insulator offers moisture-tight sealing while maintaining its prolonged resiliency and pressure. It is ideal for insulating secondary splices, direct-buried or submersible, dig-in repairs and physical protection of air-insulated connectors or lugs. ANSI Certified and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Manufacturing Origin: USA