MMM05400709056 MFG #: 8428-12
$61.31 / Each
Low Stock, only 2 left!
- Brand Name: 3M
- Number Of Conductors: 1
- Material: Aluminum; Copper
- Offerings: Products
- Voltage Rating: 1000 V
3M™ MMM05400709056 Cold Shrink Connector Insulators 8420 and 8430 Series are designed using 3M's proprietary cold shrink delivery system. Products are supplied prestretched on a removable core for efficiency and ease of installation. Removal of the core (unwinding) after positioning the splice allows the product to shrink into position forming a moisture-tight seal. The live memory action of the specially formulated EPDM material promotes a permanent, durable environmental seal and insulation.
- Cable Type
- Manufacturer Name
- Shielding Type
- ANSI Certified and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant
- Environmental sealing for communication and other non-electrical applications
- Withstands temperatures of -40 to 194 degrees F (-40 to 90 degrees C)
- Made of EPDM rubber which contains no chlorides or sulfur
- Accommodates 500 to 800 kcmil conductor sizes
- Insulates cable or connectors within a diameter range of 0.95 - 1.94 in (24,1 - 49,2 mm)
- Suitable for insulating secondary splices, direct-buried or submersible and dig-in repairs
- Simple installation which requires no tools
- Specially designed for primary insulation of solid dielectric insulated wires and cable splicing rated to 1000 volts
- 3M™ 8420 Cold Shrink Connector Insulator is an open-ended, tubular sleeve that provides ozone, acids and alkalis resistance. This environmental sealing insulator offers primary electrical insulation for 1 kV-rated applications. The tough, durable, EPDM rubber construction makes the insulator withstand operating temperatures of -40 to 194 degrees F (-40 to 90 degrees C).
- 3M™ 8420 Connector Insulator is designed for use on all solid dielectric insulated wires and cable splices. This cold shrink insulator offers moisture-tight sealing while maintaining its prolonged resiliency and pressure. It is ideal for insulating secondary splices, direct-buried or submersible, dig-in repairs and physical protection of high-voltage, air-insulated connectors or lugs. ANSI Certified and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
Non-Shielded; Tape Shield; UniShield(R); Wire Shield
500 kcmil; 600 kcmil; 650 kcmil; 700 kcmil; 750 kcmil; 800 kcmil
Cold Shrink Splice