- Manufacturer Name
- Fire resistance tested for static construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079)
- Sealant is re-enterable and repairable
- Sag-resistant properties offer clean application as well as strong adhesion
- Applied with conventional caulking equipment with excellent caulk rate
- Exceptional adhesion for long-term performance
- Water-based and paintable sealant provides easy application and clean-up
- Firestop sealant is compatible with CPVC piping
- Sealant designed to help minimize sound transfer
- Firestop tested for through penetration applications for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- See typical applications of 3M protection products in commercial construction Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ is part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ is compatible for use with CPVC piping. This product firestops through penetrations passing through fire-rated floor, floor/ceiling or wall assemblies, as well as other fire-rated interior building partitions and assemblies (e.g. static construction joints or blank openings). In addition, the unique intumescent property of this material allows 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ to expand and help maintain a firestop penetration seal for up to 3 hours of fire exposure. 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ bonds to most construction substrates, including: gypsum wallboard, concrete, metals, wood, plastic (including CPVC) and cable jacketing. This sealant meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations, International Building Code (IBC) and other key life safety building code requirements.
- We've formulated 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ to be easily cleaned-up with water. This sealant is paintable, as well as re-enterable and repairable. It is a halogen-free sealant that features exceptional adhesion, excellent caulk rate and sag-resistance. In addition, inspectors can instantly recognize 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ by its distinctive yellow color.
- Designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gas, 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ is a one-part, gun-grade, latex-based, intumescent firestop sealant. This firestop sealant provides up to 3-hour fire protection in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115. In addition, this product is fire resistance tested for static construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079). This sealant has been formulated to form a monolithic firestop seal that also helps minimize sound transfer, acting as a barrier to airborne sound transmission (STC-Rating of 54 when tested in a STC 54-rated wall assembly).
- Engineered to form a monolithic seal after drying, 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ is a yellow, one-part, gun-grade, intumescent firestop sealant that provides up to 3-hour fire protection in tested and listed systems. This helps prevent the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gas, while also acting as an acoustic barrier to help minimize noise transfer.
- Typical penetrants include: metallic pipe, non-metallic pipe, insulated pipe, conduit, power and communication cables, cable trays, busways, combos, insulated pipe and HVAC duct penetrations.
- Static construction joints
- Rated wall, floor and floor-ceiling assemblies
- Pipe and cable through-Penetrations
- Insulated pipe
- Single and bundled cables
- Blank openings
- Metallic and non-metallic, including CPVC pipes
- HVAC ducts and vents
ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) & CAN/ULC S115