- Manufacturer Name
- Excellent aging properties for long-lasting durability and performance
- No wire mesh required and easy to install, inspect, remove and reuse as needed
- Graphite-free composition does not conduct electricity
- Re-enterable and re-useable for new or retrofit installations
- Expands to form a hard char that tightly seals against flame spread, smoke and toxic gases
- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours of protection in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
- 3M Fire Barrier Pillows achieve fire resistance for up to 3 hours and are used for through-penetration firestop applications such as: 3M Fire Barrier Pillows are a part of our comprehensive line of top-quality fire stop and fire prevention products. 3M has proven to be a leader in fire protection products, which are used around the world to help protect people, equipment and buildings. Using science and innovation, we help limit the devastating effects of fire with products like 3M Fire Barrier Pillows. Enjoy the confidence and security that comes from a product that has exceptional and proven fire protection performance.
- Offering up to 3 hours of protection, 3M Fire Barrier Pillows are self-contained, intumescent products designed for use in through-penetration firestops, such as cable trays, conduit and blank openings. During a fire, 3M Fire Barrier Pillows intumesce (expand) and lock themselves into place, surrounding the penetrant(s) to help prevent the spread of smoke, fire and toxic gases. These fire pillows are easy to install and do not require mesh wire. They are ideal for projects requiring re-enterability of a firestop system, simply remove and replace pillows as needed. We designed this product with graphite-free composition, which does not conduct electricity. Additionally, these fire protection pillows have excellent aging properties, providing long-lasting durability and performance.
- 3M Fire Barrier Pillows are self-contained, intumescent products designed for use in through-penetration firestops, providing up to 3 hours of protection. This fire barrier pillow expands to form a hard char that tightly seals against flame spread, smoke and toxic gases. We also engineered this product to be re-enterable and re-useable for new or retrofit installations.
- 3M Fire Barrier Pillows can be used for multiple applications in new or retrofit installations, acting as a through penetration firestop, heat shield and firebreak protection. The pillows are typically used to firestop gypsum wall, block wall and concrete floor assemblies. 3M Fire Barrier Pillows are excellent for firestopping blank openings up to 540 sq. in. (3483 sq. cm) or openings penetrated by conduit, cables or cable trays (up to two trays per openings).
- Blank openings
- Conduit openings
- Cable trays