- Manufacturer Name
Moldable Putty Stix
"ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) & CAN/ULC S115
- Low VOC, halogen-free and solvent-free formula for safe working environment with minimal odor
- Noncorrosive to metal and compatible with synthetic cable jackets
- Excellent adhesion and aging properties provide a long-term performance
- Will not dry out or crumble for a re-enterable and repairable solution
- Helps reduce noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in STC 56-rated wall assembly)
- Pliable and conformable design easily molds into required shapes
- Putty provides draft and cold smoke seal
- Firestop tested up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) & CAN/ULC S115
- This intumescent firestop putty is easily formed to firestop through penetrations and blank openings in fire-rated assemblies, providing a shield that helps prevent the spread of fire, smoke and toxic gas. For a conformable yet tough firestop, enjoy the excellent, protective features of our 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+.
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty+ meets ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) requirements and STC-Rating of 52 when tested in a STC 53-Rated wall assembly. This product also meets the requirements of key life safety codes, including the International Building Code (IBC), NFPA 5000, NEC (NFPA 70), NFPA 101 and NBC (Canada) Building Codes. In addition, this firestop meets the intent of LEED® VOC guidelines.
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ firestops penetrations passing through fire-rated floor, floor/ceiling or wall assemblies and blank openings. When used in a through penetration firestop application, this firestop putty intumesces in the annular space to completely surround the penetrant, helping prevent the spread of fire, smoke and toxic gas before, during and after exposure to a fire.
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ are typically used to seal gaps between cables in multiple penetrations and is suited for numerous firestop applications including: 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ features low VOC and its halogen- and solvent-free formula is non-corrosive and safe for sensitive electrical equipment. This product is compatible with synthetic cable jackets.
- Conformable and ready-to-use, our 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ is a one-part, intumescent firestop containing a synthetic elastomer. The intumescent property of this material allows 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ to expand and help maintain a firestop penetration seal for up to 4 hours. We designed this putty to be easily moldable by hand, conforming into required shapes. This firestop also exhibits excellent adhesion to a full range of construction substrates and penetrants. In addition, 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ helps minimize sound transmission through assemblies requiring an STC rating and acts as a draft and cold smoke seal for systems with L-Ratings. This firestop putty has excellent aging properties, will not dry out or crumble and is a re-enterable and repairable solution.
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ is a one-part, re-enterable, intumescent putty that can be easily formed to firestop through penetrations and blank openings in fire-rated assemblies. We formulated this dark red, easily moldable putty stick to provide up to 4 hours of fire protection. These putty stix also produce a draft and cold smoke seal and help reduce noise transfer.
- Typically used to seal gaps between cables in multiple penetrations (including fiber optic inner duct) and to firestop cable bundles, insulated pipe, electrical conduit, metal pipe and other through penetrations.
- Penetration against air draft, smoke, noxious gas and flame propagation
- Metal Pipe
- Electrical Conduit
- Insulated pipe
- Cable (including fiber inner duct and cable)