Committed to Protecting Your PrivacyHorizon Solutions® LLC and its subsidiaries (collectively “we” or “Horizon Solutions LLC”) are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy”) outlines the types of information we may collect when you use one of our websites or use another online application that links to this Policy (“Sites” or “Site”), how we use this information and the steps we take to safeguard personal data you provide to us. By accessing our Sites or voluntarily providing your personal data to us, you are consenting to the practices described in this Policy. For purposes of this Policy, “personal data” means the information either on its own or in combination with other information that allows you to be identified such as your name, physical address, credit card information, e-mail address or other contact details and any information that becomes personally associated with you (e.g. your preferences).
2) Our Use of your Personal DataWhen you provide your personal data to us, we will inform you about how we will use it within the request or by linking to this Policy. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal data with us. We may use personal data that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- Deliver services you have requested;
- Customize our Sites to the preferences you have entered and improve your experience when you visit the Sites
- Improve our products or services;
- Contact you about a specific request or inquiry;
- Internal record keeping and decision-making within Horizon Solutions LLC;
- Consider an application for employment from you;
- Resolution of disputes;
- Administer your account (for registered users only); and/or
- Communicate with you about Horizon Solutions LLC products or services that you may be interested in or to send you customer surveys. Every such promotional communication will include an unsubscribe link allowing you to opt-out of receiving such communications in the future or to manage your preferences to exclude certain communications.
3) Information SharingWithin Horizon Solutions LLC, we restrict access to your personal data to employees who need to know that information in order to fulfill your request or supply our services. We do not rent or sell your personal data to other companies or individuals unless we have your consent. However, as described below, we may share your personal data with third parties outside of Horizon Solutions LLC for the following purposes.
- With distributors and other suppliers involved in providing our products, services or solutions to you to the extent necessary to provide you with a seamless experience or respond to your requests.
- With service providers and subcontractors who provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, sending out information, conducting surveys, providing office functions, IT services, advertising & marketing services and other professional services. We only provide these service providers with the personal data they need to deliver their services.
- With governmental and/or regulatory authorities when compelled to do so, as required or permitted by law.
4) Aggregating InformationAggregated personal information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites. It may be used for statistical analysis and administration, including analysis of trends, tailoring products and services, risk assessment and analysis of costs and charges in relation to our products and services.
A. What are cookies?A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded to your computer’s hard drive or stored in your web browser’s memory when you visit our Sites. Cookies help us improve the performance of our Site and your experience using it. Cookies also allow us to remember your preference settings and to track trends and patterns in how visitors navigate our Sites.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies enable you to move around our Site and use its features. These cookies do not gather information about you or remember where you have been when you are browsing our Site.
- Analytical Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information about how you and other visitors use our Site such as how they get to our Site, how often they visit, and which parts of the Site they use. We use this information to improve the capabilities of our Site and ensure that it meets your needs.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to store information about the choices you make when you visit our Site and deliver more enhanced personalized content. For example, functionality cookies show when you are logged in to our website and help us remember your user preferences.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies collect non-personally identifiable information about you that is used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests.
6) Analytics Information & Setting Your Cookie Preference
Web Logs – As is true with most websites and services delivered over the Internet, we gather certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Websites. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses as well as browser type, internet service provider, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, the information you search for, locale and language preferences, identification numbers associated with your Devices, your mobile carrier, and system configuration information. Additionally, the URLs you access from our Website are included in our log files and if you have included Personal Information in the URL, such as your name or your company’s name, that information will be included in the web log.
7) Direct Marketing and Your PreferencesAs noted above, Horizon Solutions LLC may wish to provide you with information about new products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you and may invite you to take part in market research or request feedback on our products and services. This communication may occur by email or telephone. We will obtain your consent where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law. Horizon Solutions LLC will ensure that any direct marketing or market research that you receive or are contacted about by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to refuse further marketing. For example, in emails, it may provide you with an ‘unsubscribe’ link, or an email address to which you can send an opt-out request. Horizon Solutions LLC will stop any marketing to which you object or in respect of which you withdraw your consent within a reasonable period, in order to allow sufficient time for the change to be administered. In such cases, Horizon Solutions LLC would not necessarily remove all your personal data from its database(s) but would note and respect your changed direct marketing preferences.
9) Information SecurityWe have adopted technical and organizational measures which seek to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data we collect from you. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of any transmission of personal information over the Internet. Communications over the internet such as e-mails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us. You, therefore, accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused by the specific negligence of Horizon Solutions LLC, its affiliates or its agents. We may store and process personal information collected on our Site in any country in which Horizon Solutions LLC maintains offices. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country. Transfers of personal data from the European Union to other countries are done in compliance with the EU Data Privacy Directive and implementing laws and regulations.
10) Links to Other WebsitesOur Sites may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices within any of these other sites. You should be aware of this when you leave our Site and we encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit.
11) How to get copies of or amend your personal dataUnder applicable data protection laws, you have certain rights in relation to the information we hold about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ and obtain a copy of those details about you which you would like to have. In addition, you have other rights in relation to your data such as the right to request correction of your personal information. If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information as necessary and in accordance with applicable law and pursuant to our checks on whether that information is in need of correction or update.
12) International usersIf you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States to us. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
13) Children Under 13You must be 13 years and older to register to use our Site. As a result, we do not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete the information as quickly as possible.
14) Contact UsIf you have questions regarding this Policy or our handling of your personal data, please contact our Marketing Department at Horizon Solutions LLC, 175 Josons Drive, Rochester, New York 14623, phone number 800-724-4750.
15) Changes to This Policy
Please note that we may update or change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will revise the last updated notice at the bottom of the Policy. If the changes are material, we will also provide a more prominent notice on our website. Regularly reviewing this page ensures that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances if any, we will share it with other parties. Accordingly, we recommend that you regularly revisit our Site and check for changes in this Policy.