Horizon Solutions COVID-19 Response Plan
We are Open, Deemed an “Essential Business”
The health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve are always our first priority.
Horizon Solutions is open for business. Our work supporting healthcare, infrastructure, manufacturing, and construction customers qualify us as an essential business in New York and New England. This means we are exempt from executive orders calling for nonessential companies to close. As we continue to provide critical products, support, and services to uphold supply chain consistency, we are also taking the necessary steps to keep our employees and customers safe and healthy.
Our COVID-19 Response Team actively monitors information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health agencies. To minimize the impact of this pandemic, we continuously update standards and practices based on the recommendations of these agencies.
We want to share with you some steps we are taking.
Social Distancing: Social distancing is an important measure encouraged by the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO). This means making sure people maintain distance from one another, reducing the risk of disease transmission.
Branch Locations: While Horizon Solutions remains open for business, effective 3/20/20, our branch locations are closed to customers and visitors. We implemented a work-from-home policy for those who can work remotely. We have the technology in place for our employees to provide customers with the service they need while working remotely. Our Central Distribution Center, warehouse employees, delivery drivers, and Will Call Counter staff will continue to support essential functions in each branch.
Will Call Counters: Our Will Call counters are closed to instore counter sales. However, we are providing curbside pick-up services to customers and making local deliveries, as needed.
Distribution: Our Central Distribution Center in Albany will remain in operation with employees working a staggered work schedule. The Central Distribution Center will continue to provide our customers and our branches with product order fulfillment.
Meetings and Visits: We strongly encourage the use of virtual meetings whenever possible for business engagements.
Orders: We have many alternative ways for customers to place orders, including:
- Online Ordering – Customers can now order many of our products online from our website. Click “Products” in the top toolbar or use the search feature to see what’s available.
- Contact Us – You can always chat with us online, call us at 800-724-4750, or email us to place orders or ask questions. If you don’t see what you’re looking for on this site, you can still order products you need through your Horizon Solutions representative.
- Local Truck Delivery – We have expanded our services to accommodate more local truck deliveries.
- Direct Shipments – We can ship directly from our manufacturers.
- Curbside Pick-Up – We have a drive-up option for our Will Call counter customers. To take advantage of this option, just call your local branch 30 minutes before the desired pick-up time, and we will bring the order to your vehicle. Please note, your order must be pre-paid (by credit card or on an account), and we cannot accept cash.
Products: We are working closely with our suppliers to maintain optimal inventory levels based on customer needs. Most of the products you order today are available. However, we are experiencing shortages of certain pandemic-related products (e.g., personal protective equipment, PPE). As suppliers work to produce more of these in-demand items, we are focused on obtaining them as they become available. We will also prioritize government and healthcare customers as they work to treat and contain the virus. We will continue to do our best to inventory and provide the products you need, and we appreciate your understanding of today’s extraordinary circumstances.
Horizon Solutions will continue to assess the situation and communicate updates. Our team is part of your community, and we are dedicated to supporting you through this unprecedented time. As always, thank you for your continued trust as we work through this time together.
*Please bookmark this page. This is a fluid situation and this page will be updated frequently as our procedures change.
- 05/14/2020 - Sales offices open June 1, 2020, with restrictions and limitations
- 04/03/2020 - 3M Respiratory Availability Update - Defense Production Act (DPA)
- 03/23/20 - Horizon Solutions Deemed Essential Business letter
- 03/19/20 - Horizon Solutions letter to customers regarding: The COVID-19 pandemic has had a direct impact on our typical inventory levels of certain products like respirators, masks, and sanitizers...
- 03/17/20 - Horizon Solutions COVID-19 Letter to Customers
- 03/17/20 - Horizon Solutions COVID-19 Letter to Suppliers