Horizon Solutions COVID-19 Precautions
The health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve are always our first priority
Horizon Solutions is open for business. As we continue to provide critical products, support, and services to uphold supply chain consistency, we are also taking the necessary steps to keep our employees and customers safe and healthy. Our COVID-19 Response Team actively monitors information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health agencies. To minimize the impact of this pandemic, we continuously update standards and practices based on the recommendations of these agencies.
We want to share some steps we are taking with you
Our branch locations are open to customers and visitors. To protect your safety and ours, we are opening our branches with the following guidelines and requirements:
- Look for signage for visitor entry
- Complete a self-certification upon entry (temperature under 100.3 and lack of upper respiratory symptoms)
- Entry with a Horizon Solutions sponsor/escort
- For training classes, follow signage to classroom
- Mask required (will be provided, if needed)
- Read: Branch Visitor Guidelines
Social Distancing & Hygiene: Social distancing is an important measure encouraged by the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO). This means making sure people maintain distance from one another, reducing the risk of disease transmission. We require our employees and visitors to follow the following social distancing and hygiene guidelines:
- Maintain a six-foot or greater distance (in all directions) from all others
- Observe maximum occupancies as posted and all other instructional signage/floor taping
- Wash hands before and after the use of common equipment
- Wipe down common equipment after each use
- Wash hands a minimum of once every two hours
- All cups, plates, utensils, etc. will be paper or disposable (dispose of in designated receptacles)
- When possible, doors are to be opened hands free
- Wipe down door handles after touching
- Hand sanitizer readily available in each location
- Additional sanitation and cleaning measures are being implemented for each facility
Will Call Counters: Our Will Call counters are open to in-store customers. Additionally, we continue to offer curbside pick-up.
Distribution: Our Central Distribution Center in Albany will remain in operation with employees working a staggered work schedule. The Central Distribution Center will continue to provide our customers and our branches with product order fulfillment.
Meetings and Visits: Though our branches are open, we strongly encourage the use of virtual meetings whenever possible for business engagements.
Orders: In addition to our Will Call Counters, we have many ways for customers to place orders, including:
- Online Ordering – Customers can now order many of our products online from our website. Click “Products” in the top toolbar or use the search feature to see what’s available.
- Contact Us – You can always chat with us online, call us at 800-724-4750, or email us to place orders or ask questions. If you don’t see what you’re looking for on this site, you can still order products you need through your Horizon Solutions representative.
- Local Truck Delivery – We have expanded our services to accommodate more local truck deliveries.
- Direct Shipments – We can ship directly from our manufacturers.
- Curbside Pick-Up – We have a drive-up option for our Will Call counter customers. To take advantage of this option, just call your local branch 30 minutes before the desired pick-up time, and we will bring the order to your vehicle. Please note, your order must be pre-paid (by credit card or on an account), and we cannot accept cash.
Products: We are working closely with our suppliers to maintain optimal inventory levels based on customer needs. Most of the products you order today are available. However, we are experiencing shortages of certain pandemic-related products (e.g., personal protective equipment, PPE). As suppliers work to produce more of these in-demand items, we are focused on obtaining them as they become available. We will also prioritize government and healthcare customers as they work to treat and contain the virus. We will continue to do our best to inventory and provide the products you need, and we appreciate your understanding of today’s extraordinary circumstances.
Horizon Solutions will continue to assess the situation and communicate updates. Our team is part of your community, and we are dedicated to supporting you through this unprecedented time. As always, thank you for your continued trust as we work through this time together.
*Please bookmark this page. This is a fluid situation and this page will be updated frequently as our procedures change.
- 11/18/20 - Branch Visitor Guidelines
- 04/03/2020 - 3M Respiratory Availability Update - Defense Production Act (DPA)
- 03/23/20 - Horizon Solutions Deemed Essential Business letter
- 03/19/20 - Horizon Solutions letter to customers regarding: The COVID-19 pandemic has had a direct impact on our typical inventory levels of certain products like respirators, masks, and sanitizers...
- 03/17/20 - Horizon Solutions COVID-19 Letter to Customers
- 03/17/20 - Horizon Solutions COVID-19 Letter to Suppliers