CCN132 Motion Control Fundamentals
- Offerings: Trainings
- Brand Name: Allen-Bradley
Fundamental Motion Control Training
Build a motor control foundation in just three days. This Rockwell Automation® fundamentals course provides a solid understanding of the concepts, terms, functions, and applications. You’ll be able to demonstrate core concepts common to all Rockwell Automation motion control systems, including Kinetix® 5700 servo drives. This course will prepare you for maintenance and programming courses.
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of CCN132, you’ll have the foundational knowledge needed to learn the skills necessary to maintain and program motion control systems (through future courses). Your instructor will introduce you to motion control concepts, terminology, functionality, and applications. And you’ll gain hands-on experience with interactive exercises.
CCN132 Course Agenda
- Identifying a Motion Control System
- Tracing the Power Supply to the Servo Drive
- Identifying Servo Drive Problems
- Identifying Motor Types and Components
- Identifying Motor Feedback Devices
- Identifying and Scaling Loads
- Tracing Signal Flow Through the Servo Drive
- Creating a Motion Profile
- Identifying and Applying a Reference to a Servo Drive
- Identifying the Elements of an Integrated Motion Application Using Logix 5000 Controllers
- Identifying Motion Modules and Axis Tags Using Studio 5000 Logix Designer Software
Should You Attend?
If you need to master basic motion control concepts, this is the course for you. Whether you need this fundamental training for work or as a prerequisite for more advanced motion control courses, CCN132 will give you the knowledge you need. Your course package will include a student manual and procedures guide to enrich your learning experience.
To successfully complete CCN132 Motion Control Fundamentals, you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- A background in basic electricity, electronics, and computer concepts.
- One of the following courses:
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1: ControlLogix Fundamentals and Troubleshooting (Course Number CCP299)
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1: CompactLogix Fundamentals and Troubleshooting (Course Number CCP298)