CCA101 AC/DC Motors and Drives Fundamentals
- Offerings: Trainings
- Brand Name: Allen-Bradley
Foundational Knowledge and Applicable Skills
Master key concepts and terminology with CCA101 AC/DC Motors and Drives Fundamentals from Rockwell Automation®. You’ll gain the hands-on skills you need to build a miniature DC motor and investigate how a variable-speed drive controls the speed and direction of a motor. Upon completion, you’ll have the fundamental knowledge you need to move on to more advanced courses.
What You’ll Learn
Build the skills you need with hands-on practice through interactive exercises. During this class, you’ll gain a broad-based set of skills and knowledge related to AC and DC motors. You’ll also become familiar with Human Interface Module (HIM).
CCA101 Course Agenda
- Identifying Electromechanical System Components and Concepts
- Recognizing DC Motor Hardware and Operation
- Recognizing AC Motor Hardware and Operation
- Selecting a Replacement Motor
- Recognizing Line Protection and Filtering Device Hardware and Functions
- Preventing Electrostatic Damage to Drive Components
- Recognizing DC Drive Hardware and Functions
- Recognizing AC Drive Hardware and Functions
- Recognizing AC and DC Motor Braking Methods
- Testing a Drive Using Electrical Measuring Tools
- Performing Pre-Power and Power-On Checks
- Monitoring and Controlling a Drive Using The HIM
- Selecting a Drive for Basic Applications
Should You Attend?
If controlling AC and DC motors using drives is new to you, this is the course you’ve been looking for. You’ll gain the fundamental knowledge you need.
Successful completion of CCA101 AC/DC Motors and Drives Fundamentals requires the following prerequisites:
- Working knowledge of electricity
- Knowledge of electrical and industrial safety (including PPE requirements and safe practices)
Though not required, familiarity with the use of electrical measuring tools is helpful.